Took me quite a while to do this one and using loads of masking for it, which was interesting as I've never masked using a digi before. So here's a brief overview of the process.
1. Print out 2 copies of the digi, one on the paper/card you are going to colour on , second on just basic copier paper.
2. Create a border around the image using paper strips, stick mask precisely over the top of original using temporary glue (I use Crafters Companion Stick & Spray).and stamp the background stamp over the top of the masked girl, in this case I have used the window stamp from Clarity Stamps.
3. Make a mask of the entire window (no holes), place over the original image, this is maintain the integrity of the window to colour later. Secure a slice of paper across the bottom of the image to create the impression of wall meeting floor. Then secure over the whole thing a patterned mask for wall decoration.
4. Dust over the desired colour of ink using a dusting brush (I use Inkylicious Ink dusters). Create shadow where the girl sits by dragging a small amount of ink away from under her (I used normal cosmetic sponge for this). Remove all masks and replace window mask for one with all panes cut out.
5. Create a scene using which ever stamps suit the theme through the window with mask in place the maintain the integrity of the window. Remove window mask and border paper strips and draw a squiggly line around the entire image, creating the border.
6. Colour as desired, I've used Promarkers and then finished with a die cut quilled flower and a sentiment tag.
Window Stamps - Clarity Stamps
Tree stamp - Katy Sue Designs Silhouette Stamps Trees & Flowers
Flower die - Spellbinders Shapeabilities Bauble Blossoms
Argyle mask - That Special Touch
Wall - Cool Peri, Salmon
Carpet - Lake Mist
Sunlight - Mountain Rose, Sunshine Yellow
Hill & trees - Oregano
Window frame - Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon
Hair - Cool Grey 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, Black
Skin - Putty, Tea Rose
Jeans - Blue Pearl, Cornflower, China Blue, Midnight Blue
Shire & Bow - Dusky Pink, Sunkissed Pink, Tea Rose
Flower - Pastel Yellow, Berry Red, Sunset, Crimson
I am entering this card into the following challenges: