Followers

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Swirly silhouette tree

What a busy bank holiday! Get three days off work and only manage to do one card. On the up side though, I have blitzed my craft area and it looks pretty good, however, not sure how long it is going to last but my intentions are good!

Any hows, on with the card........

This is what I've come up with tonight, been quite fun to do as I've managed to combine (play) with a few of my favourite techniques.


I've used the masking  technique to create the cloud and hills. The masks I've used are just ones I've cut from plain copier paper and I've applied ink using my Ink Dusters.I've stamped the tree in black, as it's such an in intricate design, it would be crazy to see if I over complicated it.


The 'Happy Birthday' and the birds on the wire sections of the card, are made using embossing folders on Core'dinations card and sanded back to expose the green core, as is the dotty background card.


Just to make it a little bit different, the ribbon strip at the side, has been mounted onthe inside of the card on the insert, rather than on the front.


Recipe:
8x8 white card base - Papermania
Black matting card - Core'dinations Black Magic
Embossing folders - Birds on a Wire - Darice
                              - Happy Birthday - Docrafts
                              - Dotty background - Darice
Green Layering card - Adorable Scorable Swirly pastel green
Tree stamp - Words Like Honey
Inks - Adirondack Meadow & Cloudy
Green ribbon - from my crafty stash

I am entering this card into the following challenges;


Happy Crafting.xx




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.Loving the inking.Fab spotty paper.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant embossing on the core'dinations card, what a great effect. I especially love the birds on the wire. Thank you so much for sharing your great card with us at an OBAG this time. Good luck, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful details in your card. Love the background and your image. Thanks for linking up your card with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your crafty ribbons challenge entry
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embossing you have used on this card, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card Wendy! I love that image and all of your background colorig and masking. Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete